Thursday, August 12, 2010

Craft- Pencil Holder

Today I decided to make a pencil holder to put on my desk. The thing I was using before to hold pencils etc was too impractical. It was this little storage thing that has three drawers. I didn't use it for that much. The first drawer held writing utensils and a few other odds and ends. The other two drawers had very few things in them. So that's why I decided to make a pencil holder that didn't take up lots of space.

What I was using before (It still has random odds and ends stuff that needs to be taken out.)


Now- I originally was making it from blue tissue paper and going with a "modge pog" effect, but then decided I didn't like it... So I did this instead. Which I like a lot more. Made with card stock paper, ribbon, buttons, part of pringles can, and tacky glue. Oh yeah, and tissue paper underneath. (But that's hidden and therefore doesn't count because I changed my mind on the look of it.)


I can't take all the credit. I did look up online how to best make a pencil holder. http://www.makingfriends.com/holder_pencil_pipecleaner.htm This site was a little helpful on deciding what to make the container out of.(Part of a Pringles can.) Other than that, I pretty much did my own thing.

Yes, I was bored but it gave me something to do. And it gave me a chance to be creative.

1 comment: