Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Reading

So I have been out of school since May and yet have only read eight books. Hmmm, that's not too good. But, I suppose it's better than none. I enjoy reading. Especially when the book is really good.. Let's see the eight books that I have read so far are Kissing Frogs, Roommates Wanted, Shutter Island, The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud, PS I Love You, Agnes and the Hitman, House Rules, and In a Heartbeat. (Meana, have you read House Rules? It's by Jodie Picoult.)

The next book I am going to read is Under the Dome by Stephen King. I also have a few other library books lying around that I might read.

I like when books are turned into movies. Shutter Island, The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud, and PS I Love You have all been made into movies. It's interesting to see what they change and what they keep the same when you compare a book to the movie. I was sorta disappointed though because I had read Shutter Island before I saw the movie so I was aware of what was going to happen and there were no surprises. The book and movie were still good though. The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud was an ok read. I really want to see the movie. It looks pretty good. PS I Love You was a bittersweet book/movie.

Sometimes it can be annoying when they add things to the movie that weren't in the book or take things out. In a way, books leave more to the imagination... You can picture the characters in your head a certain way. Whereas when a certain actor/actress plays the character, that might not be the way you pictured them to look,etc. What do you think? Is the book usually better than the movie version?

For me, I guess it would depend on the book/movie. Take A Walk To Remember for example. I thought that the movie seems better than the book because it's more from a time period that was closer to me than the in the book. That is just one of the reasons. I was trying to think of a book that was better than a movie, not getting that far with that right now. I'm sure there's a bunch though.

Anyone have any suggestions of books that I should read? Or any good movies that you think I might like? Please leave a comment if you think of any, thanks in advance. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember if I've read House Rules or not. It sounds vaguely familiar. I'll have to check it out. Meana

    ReplyDelete